Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lily's last neurology appointment; and house guests!

It seems like just yesterday I was having to post about this for the first time and today, we have officially gone to our last neurology appointment at Texas Children's Hospital.  The last one scheduled.  Today (Thursday) we are starting the process of weaning Lil off of her medication and do not need to see Dr. Proud unless Lil has another seizure.  We will go down a dose a week, so by the end of the month, she should be completely off of it.  Dr. Proud prescribed us a DiaStat gel in case she has another one that lasts more than 5 min or she starts having clusters of them again.  I hope we don't have to use it, and as much as I am over the moon that we over this hurdle, our appointment today was was kinda of bittersweet.  It was seriously like we hit a huge milestone.  Like these seizures are truly a thing of the past.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like we walk around all day just completely unable to get over what happened, but today I had an odd feeling when Dr. Proud sent us on our way.  I just can't explain it.  It was sadness, mixed with fear but mostly a resolution.  I think...I still can't pinpoint it. 

Lil has been doing great.  Crawling everywhere and really playing on her own a lot.  I think we will be expecting a few more teeth soon because they seem to be bothering her a lot this week. 

This week, Candice, Dave, Abby and Drew are coming to visit!  They are moving from San Diego to Maryland and Dave is driving through and gonna stop by.  Candice and the kids will be in LA, so they are going to come by too on Tuesday!  Lily is going to love playing with her cousins.  I am so excited to see them all together!  Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can bring the kids to the pool.  I am dying to bring Abby and Drew there!.  I really think they are going to love it!   Then they leave and drive through to Covington and then on to Maryland where they will be living for a few years.  Hopefully, we will be able to get up there soon and visit.  We are throwing around a few ideas...

Anywho, battery is about to die!  Take care! :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase