Friday, July 23, 2010

Lots of nothing going on...

We've been kinda bored around here the past month.  Lil and I are spending a lot of time in the house unfortunately watching Disney Sing A Long dvds because it is just so hot out!  We have those great pools, but it is just too hot and sunny to bring out little red.  To top it off, we've had severe ozone warnings the past week here and they recommend staying indoors...especially with the little ones. 

Lily is doing so many fun things.  It is so exciting watching her discover herself and her world.  Everything is new and exciting and she always greets new things with a smile.  I wish I still had that innocence, or at least the ability to look at new things with excitement instead of hesitation.  She really is amazing and brings a whole new light to life. 

So, I hate to say it but I think last month, I started to go through a little PPD.  I felt like I was losing control.  I consulted the doctor though and they adjusted my meds.  I have to say, it has made a WORLD of difference.  I feel really good now.  I feel like I am able to really enjoy and embrace the sweet moments instead of getting frustrated because she won't go to sleep or because she won't stay still!  I had to do something about it and I"m so glad I did.  Everything is going by so fast, I don't want to look back and regret being frustrated while putting her to sleep instead of enjoying it.

Anywho, she is doing great and we are all doing good over here.  Brandon is working tons, but that's ok.  I can't wait to do Lily's 8 month update.  She is doing so many fun things these days and we are ridiculously excited about them.  It's kinda pathetic that we video everything on our phones, but the iphones are great to catch all these moments.  We are so proud of her...I think our youtube account has like 80 videos...

This past week,  Jennifer brought us an amazing gift!  75 bottles of pre-mixed Similac Sensitive that was donated to ECI by one of the families she works with!  Unfortunately, this family is having lots of problems.  The family had triplets and two of them died and the other one is very handicapped.  The mom then got pregnant with twins and both of them are very sick.  One has her organs reversed and the other has severe bowel problems.  They are on WIC and are trying lots of different formulas.  They bought the 75 bottles of the Similac Sensitive and then had to switch to one with a probiotic as the last attempt before the one with the bowel problems gets a feeding tube.  We are the only ones of Jennifer's clients that are using Similac Sensitive so she brought them to us!  We are so very grateful.  Formula is expensive and Lily is now drinking about 23 oz/day, so the 75 bottles will probably get us all the way through her first year!  We may not have to buy formula again for her!  Yeayyy! 

Things are really changing for us around here.  As I said in one of my last posts, Lil is crawling now and is all over the house.  We have been childproofing everything....to say the least.  I'll update around the 1st with her 8 month update!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase