Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lily is 8 months old!

Well, this Sunday, Lily turns 8 months old...

For awhile, I couldn't see past 6 months.  6 months seemed so old and I just couldn't see it, but here we are...8 months.

Lily is doing fabulous.  When ECI came on July 13th, Lily was 22 lbs 9 oz and 29" long and working on her 9-12 month milestones.

Here are some of the fun things she has done this month!

She refers to Brandon as "ya-ya" and she is saying "ma-ma" in reference to me.
Dancing- July 15th after her Kindermusik class
Walking along the couch and her toys
Letting go while standing and balancing
Babbling lots- Almost like she is trying to hold a conversation with you
Crawling super fast!
Lily is drinking out of a sippy cup 4x a day and only gets a bottle at bedtime...I honestly think she will be fine if I take away the bedtime bottle, but I just can't do it yet!  That's totally a mommy issue!
She is mimicking while playing...We play farm with her stuffed animals and pretend to feed them the farm veggies.  She picks them up and mimics what we do. 
She has learned how to safely get down from standing.  For awhile, she was plopping down, but now she has the muscle strength to slowly lower herself into a sitting position.
She is loving regular food...just loving it.  Girlfriend is a veggie baby.  It's all I give her for meals and for snacks I give her fruit, yogurt or a fruit cereal bar.  Last month, I started giving her sliced turkey and she loves it too. 

Here are some of the fun things she enjoys this month!

Barney...Barney brings lots of smiles in this house.  She doesn't care for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as much anymore, but still watches it first thing in the morning.
She is on a roll with independent play.  She will play by herself for a good while.  It makes things so much easier now that she can get around and doesn't need me for entertainment purposes!
Musical Instruments....since we have been going to Kindermusik, she has started liking to make noise with her xylophone and beating on other things.  I need to get her more instruments!
Taking the majority of her balls out of her ballpit.  Thanks to cousin Drew for teaching her this!!!!   :)
Baby Mum-Mums...Can you say obsessed?  We can't even say cracker to her until after she eats her food.  She would eat them all day if she could!

Lily is in 18 month clothes...The 12 month clothing we have fits, but is getting kind of tight.

Here are a few videos!


In this video, if you will see how independent she is becoming...she is like, "I can do this.  Let me go and I'll do it by myself!"


In this video, you can hear her starting to say da-da!

If you want to see more pictures, you can visit our Picasa site at:
Our Picasa Photo Site
We also have 82 videos up on youtube now!  Here is our page there:

Our YouTube videos

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase