Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little Miss Lily

I hope everyone is doing well. The days around here have gotten more organized and productive lately so that is very exciting to me. A few weeks ago, I didn't know what the heck I was doing and couldn't find order around here. I'll admit it. We had just gotten home from Christmas and didn't have a routine set. Right now, we are doing great and everyday gets better. Lily is into a sleeping routine and we are just smitten with that. She sleeps about 6 hours straight a night then will get up, eat, stay up for about 30 min and then falls right back asleep till it's time to eat again. We have also been reading a lot of books, playing on her mat and doing lots of tummy time. She loves loves LOVES the Begin Smart books.


Here is their website: http://www.beginsmartbooks.com/


They are just like her mobile. They have the bright contrasting color pictures and lines. Most possibly the most simple books in the world, but they are amazing! They really grab her attention and she will stare at them just like she does with the infant stim mobile.

The past few weeks, she is really "waking up" and taking in the world around her. It is really amazing to just watch her. She has started noticing her toys and is grabbing at them.


This is a picture I took while I was supposed to be driving. I turned around at a stop light and saw her grabbing her toy. I was alone, so I pulled over and took a picture.

She is picking her head up, turning it side and is also holding her head and neck up unassisted when we are holding her. She smiles all the time is just an all around good baby.


My mom came in last week so we could go to SAIC's Winter Party and we had so much fun. It was so nice to get all dolled up and get out of the house. We had a great time with friends and did lots of laughing. So much fun.




We have a busy few weeks coming up. More doctor appointments for me and Lil has ECI coming again on Tuesday and then she has her two month check-up next week. 2 months. I can't believe she is already almost 2 months old. Granted, her entire first month of life, she wasn't home for more than 6 days... Well, Brandon and I have gotten through her first month and are still standing.

Lily is still sleeping in the living room in her bassinet with one of us on the couch, but she will be moved in the next few weeks to her bedroom and Brandon and I will be in the guest bedroom for awhile till we make our way back to our very own bedroom. I feel bad putting her in her bed when she's still so little, but "legs for days" is growing out of her bassinet. When she starts to wake up, you see her picking up her legs and kicking them all around. I thought it would be easy to put her in her bed when she grew out of it, but with all the issues she had, we just haven't gotten there yet. We'll get there with baby steps though.

OH!!! I have also been uploading a lot of videos from my iphone to youtube so people can go on there and view them.

Here is Brandon's youtube channel:


www.youtube.com/zergcow

He's got a few of the videos of things he is working on, so ignore those, but there are some super cute videos of Lily on there. :)

Everyone take care! :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase