
Hello all!
I figured I would update everyone on the happenings going on around here lately.
Well, we ended up taking Lily back to Louisiana for Christmas. Brandon and I were very nervous about taking her out of the state, but the doctor reassured us that she was ok to travel. We had a plan in place as to where we were going to go if she started having seizures again, but thankfully we didn't have to worry about that! She did great!
Brandon and I were awfully paranoid about her getting sick while we were there and whilst cleaning our hands every 5 minutes, Brandon and I both got colds. That's about right. Lily didn't get very sick. She has a little cold, but the doctor said it is just a little sinus congestion. AKA...lots of boogies. She is doing really well though. We have fallen into a routine around here and enjoying for the most part. I think she enjoys it too.
She eats like clockwork all day, but the sleeping has been an issue to say the least. She has her days and nights mixed up, so she has literally been sleeping all day and up all night which is honestly quite scary sometimes. I mean, the doctor told us the the signs to look for that might indicate that she will start having episodes again are her sleeping too much, sleeping through feedings and not eating as much. Well, the last part she doesn't have issues with. She is taking between 30 and 35 ounces of formula a day. The other two aren't issues either, but you question it when she seems to be sleeping all day, but in truth, her hours of wakefullness and sleeping are completely normal.
Anywho,
Last night/this morning was our first night with colic. That is just so exhausting. We finally just threw her in the car and drove around for almost 2 hours till she fell asleep.
Well, like I said, we are doing well over here. We will figure everything out in time, but Brandon and I are finally relaxing and getting used to taking care of her. For awhile there, we were paranoid 24 hours a day, but thankfully, everyday that gets a little bit better.
0 comments:
Post a Comment