Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happenings....

Hello all!
I just wanted to go ahead and update this thing with a little bit of the happenings around here. Brandon has been home the past two weeks so that is really exciting and we are getting a lot done around here. A few weeks ago, we had so much that we needed to do, we went out and bought a huge whiteboard to write it all down on. The whiteboard is full...
So this weekend, Brandon started some shelves for Lily's closet. When we were building the house we didn't want a fireplace, so we had them expand that closet and it's pretty much double the size. I mean, her closet is huge. There is so much room, we decided to add some shelves on one side so we can just have a little more storage. Sorry if I'm talking in circles....I can't seem to think straight these days, so forgive me.

Also, today Brandon fixed our bed which was a huge ordeal, but that baby ain't moving anymore. I am so glad it's done. I mean, every time you would sit on it, or roll over, it would squeak and that wasn't going to fly with a little one staying in our room the first few months. Brandon was so excited to go and mark that one off his board! :)

Everyone has been asking me how I am feeling, but boy it is a day to day basis. Yesterday I was feeling so good, I MOPPED my floors again. Which is a huge ordeal for me because I hate doing it. Well, I did a really good job but after that, my back was killing me! I could barely bend over! I didn't even fall asleep till 7 this morning because it was hurting so bad and I couldn't get comfortable ANYWHERE. I mean, guest bedroom, sofa, chair, our bed...ANYWHERE! I know what it is though, the scar tissue from when I fell off the bus at PES a few years ago is sitting right on my sciatic nerve and it flares up when I over do it. So, there you go, I feel good one day and feel like poop for 2. Ahh the joys of pregnancy. My mom keeps on telling me to enjoy my pregnancy and stop complaining, but it is just mind boggling to me how achy, worn out and emotional you can get.

Well, Lily has been moving like crazy lately. Thank goodness. The other day we had a little scare because I seriously didn't feel her move like she had been for 2 days. If by the next day she still wasn't very active, I was going to call the doctor, but God woke her up at 5AM the next morning and had her moving all over the place. I guess she's just like her mama and takes herself 2 day naps every now and then. :) I am still going to mention it to the doctor when I go on Thursday, so we'll see what he says.

Well, next week, we fly into Odessa for my first baby shower! I am really excited about it. Brandon is really excited about it too. When Candice had her baby, he wanted to open everything and put it together right that second! He is pumped that he gets to do that now AND he gets to bring the toys home. He's so cute sometimes it's nauseating. :) Then that next weekend, we are driving into LA for 2 more showers! We are doing a friends shower on Saturday and a family shower on Sunday. We are doing 2 LA showers so I will actually get to spend time with both groups of people. That's the best situation because I really don't get to see my family a whole bunch since we are living in Texas. Then when we get home from that, we will have a week and I'll already be in my third trimester and shouldn't be traveling very far from home! It is going by so quick!
September 9th starts no medication till baby. Eek! I am nervous about that so please pray that time goes smoothly and pleasantly. I am sure it will but a little prayer never hurt anyone. :)

Thanks for all of your support. I'll update after the doctor's appointment with a baby update! :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase