Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Showers!

Hello everyone!
So a few weeks ago, we went to Odessa for a baby shower that Brandon's family threw for us. We had so much fun and got so many cute things! It was my first time going to Odessa and I liked it there. It was a very "homey" place. We stayed with his Aunt Barbara and Uncle James. They have a really cool house out there, and we really enjoyed staying with them. We arrived on Thursday and Friday we went shopping at the infamous Grandmother's shop. Everything in there was so cute! Plus, they will make a bow to match any outfit, so that's cool. Brandon came in that Friday evening and we went to "The Barn Door". It is Brandon's favorite restaurant because you sit down and they place a massive block of cheddar cheese and all the bread you can eat in front of you! Saturday was the shower at his cousin Melanie's house. Everything was so nice! At the shower, Lily got TONS of outfits, toys and her highchair. We were super excited! Here are some pictures from that shower:






On Thursday, August 22nd, Brandon and I left to go back to LA for more showers that weekend! Saturday afternoon, Candice threw us one a Ms. Jerry's house in Covington. Of course, as usual, Candice and Ms. Jerry went completely nuts with decorating and planning, but it was really beautiful and we are grateful for everything they did. At that shower, Lily got TONS more outfits, toys and a lot of the necessities we needed for her. Here are some pictures from that shower:





The next day, Sunday, we had a family shower at Fontainebleau Subdivision pool house that Nanny and Ali threw for us. Again, the shower was beautiful and Lily got TONS of stuff! We finally got the bedding for her room, her bouncer, swing, lots of outfits and the decorations for her bathroom. Nanny made the cake which was delicious and she made me 2 banana cream pies so I was a happy chick! One made it home with us to Texas, but didn't last a day in the fridge. It was GONE upon arrival at home! Here are a few pictures from that shower:





Lily is one lucky baby girl, but Brandon and I feel even more lucky and grateful for all the help that the showers have given us. Even the few things that we have left to buy are so expensive and they pretty much use EVERYTHING for less than a year! We would be so overwhelmed without the support of all of our friends and family, so THANK YOU ALL!

When we got back to Texas, we unloaded everything and then I cried for about 3 days straight. LOL. I think it was a fantastic mix of hormones and overwhelmedness (new word) that contributed to that. Things got better today because Brandon was home and able to start on her nursery. I have been hesitant to put everything in there because I knew he was going to start painting, so we have had everything sitting in our office until the bedroom is done. The painting is going to take awhile though... We are doing an "It's a Small World" theme in her room to go along with her dollies bedding. We LOVE Disney and her bedding features little dolls from around the world, so it was very fitting for us to chose that theme. Brandon is doing a massive mural around the whole room with the front scene from the ride behind her crib as you walk in. Today, he spent 6 hours just sketching the scenes on the wall. It should come out great once we get all the paint up. I will be sure to post some pictures as soon as we get the room painted and put together!

Wednesday, I have a 28 week check-up...I think it's 28?... They are going to do the glucose tolerance test and blood work. He said the next ultrasound will be at 32 weeks, and then I guess I start going weekly till the end. I guess, right? I can't believe it is already so soon! Lily will be here before we know it!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase