Hello all!
Just wanted to let everyone know what the doctor said on Thursday. Well, I gained 4 lbs which puts me at 9 lbs weight gain so far over 6 mths which the doctor said was perfect. I was shocked when they said I gained 4. I freaked a little, but apparently it's all good! He said I could gain another 20 and he wouldn't bat an eye, but...hopefully that's not going to happen.
I am sure it will...we have 15 weeks left and a pound a week in the 2nd and 3rd trimester is what he shoots for, so...we'll see how it goes. That's my motto these days. I can drive myself crazy thinking of future scenarios, but it does me no good.
He also says that Lily's heart rate is in the 150's and really strong. The next ultrasound will be done at 32 weeks which is kinda sad because I was soooo spoiled the first trimester by having an ultrasound at every other visit. I miss seeing her! At my next visit we will do the glucose tolerance test which I am hoping goes well plus apparently a whole slew of blood work.
This past week, Brandon had his yearly physical. This doctor was recommended to us through the Eagle Springs message boards. I mean, who else am I going to go though. I liked the internist that we were seeing in Katy, but Katy is way too far away for us to drive for physicals and sinus infections. We had to get a doctor in Humble. Anyways, at his physical, they did an ekg and blood work. The ekg showed that the right side of Brandon's heart had a delayed beat and his blood pressure was low. Because of these two things, the doctor recommended that he do a sleep apnea test to make sure that he is getting an adequate amount of oxygen while he is sleeping. Also, they recommended a stress test. We are going to do the stress test and then eventually we will do the sleep apnea test. No matter what, it is best to stay on top of these things, so it is definitely a priority for us.
Thursday, I am leaving for Odessa to have our first baby shower! Yeayy! Brandon is coming up on Friday because of work and I am leaving with him on Sunday. The next week I am not sure what day we are leaving, but we will be heading to LA for more baby showers! We are so blessed!
Anywho, I hope everyone is doing well. If you will, please include Elizabeth Dunford in your prayers. She is my friend Michelle's daughter and is at St. Jude's. Her cancer is in remission, but her little body is fighting hard these days. Between infections and medication reactions, poor Elizabeth is not doing well. She is only 3 and shouldn't have to go through this. Michelle, DJ and the boys seem to to holding it together pretty well, but they need our prayers. God has his reasons for everything and we must have faith in his plan! Hopefully, this plan includes healing Elizabeth! Please keep her in your prayers!
If you would like to follow Elizabeth's condition, you can visit her CaringBridge site at:
Elizabeth Dunford's CaringBridge Site
Michelle is usually very good at updating daily about Elizabeth's condition, as it changes drastically daily.
0 comments:
Post a Comment