Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weekend in LA

This past weekend we were in LA for my brother Tim's graduation from SLU.  We had a great time.  Brandon and I were really worried about Lily's "stranger danger" that has been very prominent lately, but after the first initial day, she started warming up to everyone.  Mom hung a swing up from the tree in the back yard and Lily loved it.  She really enjoys being outside, so her and my mom definitly have that in common!

I love Mandeville, don't get me wrong.  I love that everything takes 15 min to get there and I love that above all else, it is "home"....where I grew up.  However, I was really aggravated to find that virtually NOTHING is open here on a Sunday.  You can go in a chain store but really nothing else.  So annoying.  Ugh... Anywho, that being said, I am loving getting to spend time with my family.  Saturday after Tim's graduation, we all came back to my moms house and were able to visit.  I had a lot of fun playing with my nephew Jack.  He is at such a fun age and he really wanted to play with me!  I only see him a few times a year, but it was so nice to see that he remembered me and wanted my attention.  He is so cute.  A little Howdy Doody.

I am enjoying the change of pace around here.  Sometimes, at home, things just get so monotonous.  Here, there are people to talk to and other people to entertain Lily.  So nice.  Just sometimes at home, I run out of tricks to entertain Lily.  I hate to put on the tv, but stuff has to get done and she'll sit and play longer if the tv is on.  I am so glad that Lily warmed up to mom, Ali and everyone.  Brandon and I were able to go on a date whilst here so that was really nice.  In a few weeks, we come back to LA, meet up with mom and then go on our annual beach trip in Fort Walton.  We are very excited to bring Lily.  I don't think we will be going in the water with the oil spill and all,but it will be nice to get out there and visit with family.
Congrats, Tim!!!!
Lily has been kind of freaking me out lately.  She insists on sleeping on her belly with her face in the matteress.  I know it is normal and she is fine, but it still made me nervous at first!   I just keep thinking that this was the way they USED to tell parents to let their babies sleep!  We are thinking we are going to have to take her crib bumper out of her crib because she is scooting in her bed until she gets to the edge.  Here is a pic of how she has been sleeping...
She has been scooting all over the place, but more about that when I update after June 1st for her 6 month update!  I can't believe she is already almost 6 months!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase