Today was a day. A stupid day as I am going to refer to it.
The morning started as this...I was taking the bumpers out and changing the sheets in Lily's bed this morning and apparently I did something to my tailbone area. The set up of the convertible cribs make it damn near impossible to change the sheets. Usually, Brandon would do it, but he was at a dentist appointment. Anyways, I don't know what I did, but IT HURTS and I can't sit down and stand up. When I am up, I am a little unsteady on my feet, but I am fine. It's getting up and down that is the problem.
This started going on and Brandon came back from his dentist appointment. The dentist thinks he has an infection in his gums so he has to go see a specialist. Great.. Not good, but we'll deal and get it taken care of as soon as possible.
Soon thereafter, we trekked out to the big Babies R Us to get a breathable bumper before Brandon's ENT appointment. Leaving Babies R Us, Lily starts to get irate. We just fed her in the buggy, so I don't know what's going on. She screamed just about all the way to Kingwood Hospital where Brandon's appointment was. We get there and she is STILL a mess. I can barely move, she is fussy and wiggly and you need to be quiet in these offices because they do hearing tests in there. I go outside the office and sit on a bench while she fusses. She calms down and I decide to go back inside. I can't get up. Lily is 20 lbs and I just couldn't do it. I was trying to send ESP messages to Brandon to get him to turn around and look out the window at me, but it didn't work. After a lot of scooting around, I finally get up, but the ordeal was so cumbersome, it made Lily fussy again.
I go back inside and we get called back. The doctor was amazing, but they move you around to 3 rooms! Lots of up and down. By this point, I am considering walking over to the ER to get them to figure this out, but I know all they would do would give me pain meds and send me on my way to make an appointment with a doctor. No thanks.
During the hearing test, I am sitting in a smaller waiting room with Lily. She is wiggling and fussy and I honestly just want to toss her out the window. I normally wouldn't care too much but I was in serious pain and she was supposed to be quiet because they were doing the hearing test in the next room! She drops a toy and I can't pick it up. A woman who is easily in her 80's hobbles by and kicks it across the room. Then goes over and picks it up. I feel like a jerk, but I did tell her just to leave it.
We move into ANOTHER room and the doctor comes in. Brandon's hearing test went ok, but not great. In one ear, his hearing is less. Still in the normal range, but at the line. The doctor says that he has a narrow something or another which makes it difficult for his ears to equalize. He gave him a prescription for Allegra-D (?) and wants to see him in 6 months to redo a hearing test so he has more information to compare the first test to. The Allegra-D tells me that his hearing is probably less when his allergies are acting up or about to.
We finally get home after a super long morning and Lil is still crazy ridiculous and I am trying to rest my...ass. Brandon is trying to answer emails and phone calls. Our evening finally starts to settle a little and it is time to give Lily a bath. Brandon goes and gets her tub ready and I am letting her gnaw on my finger and I feel something sharp. Not super sharp and after a little more prodding, I find the source. She has cut her first tooth! No wonder she was a pill today! Now it's little and it still has a good bit more moving till it is very visible, but it's there and its through the skin! She was feeding off of how excited we were and was very pleased with herself.
After a serious adjustment to our nighttime protocol, Lily is sleeping and so is Brandon. I took myself an ibuprofen 3, a pain pill from the c-section and I have been sitting on a heating pad all evening. It is feeling a little better thank God! If it's still acting up in the morning, I am going to try just taking the ibuprofen 3 and try to find a doctor.
What a mess of a day. I hope tomorrow is better, but who knows.
0 comments:
Post a Comment