Just thought I would let you know the happenings this week. We went to our 40 week Dr. appointment on Monday. Everything looks good, but the baby hasn't made any progress. He said the cervix was soft, but I'm not dialated, effaced or anything. We did an ultrasound and he estimated her weight at 8.2 lbs, but that has a 10% error rate either way. That being said, she is not crazy big at all.
Now, here is the part that sucks...
My doctor, is not working this holiday. Which means he started his vacation Wed and will be back on call Sunday night. Which is normally ok...I know other doctors have delivered babies before (yadda yadda yadda), BUT this doctor that would be delivering me if I go into labor this week, is not very patient and is always quick to jump into doing c-sections and with an "unfavorable" cervix, he may end up being quite pushy. MY doctor told us this. I mean, above anything and everything, we want her to come on her own so if she does, more power to her and we'll deal with the doctor and he'll do what we want him to do, but it would just be nice to have my own doctor there. I don't want to have to argue with a doctor who is trying to push a quick c-section so he can get through us and get home to his turkey.
Sooo....
If Lily does not come naturally by Monday, we have ANOTHER FREAKING APPOINTMENT to see if there is any progression. Now, we have this appointment, but we also have a c-section scheduled on Tuesday December 1st at 12:30. Now here is why...If I am NOT moving any further along, then we will be doing the c-section on Tuesday, but if I am dilating, MOST LIKELY, we are going to be induced sometime next week. The doctor did say that he did want her delivered next week. When and how is just a wait and see game, but we have put a deadline on this kid...she will be here a week from now.
Anywho, so needless to say, I'm uncomfortable, swollen and am dying to have our baby girl here. Thanksgiving morning was very emotional for me. Thank goodness I have a great husband who was so willing to listen and someone else who just got it. Although, we knew the chances were slim that she would be on time and here for the holiday, we were still a little sad that she wasn't here. Brandon and I had both our families in town for the holiday and it was kinda upsetting that she wasn't here for that. She was definitely missed, to say the least.
Today was Black Friday, Sal left and Brandon's parents, sister and her kids left as well. Things are calming down around here and mom, Ali and Tim are the last ones left here in Texas. Mom and Ali leave tomorrow and Tim will follow on Sunday to head back to Mandeville. Lily has dropped really low and it feels as if she could fall out any second, but I'm not painfully contracting. It is soooo hard to sit down, stand and walk around, but that's about as far as that goes...just hard not painful.
I am going to update again soon, hopefully with more news. Just please say a few prayers for us during this time. We want to make the right decisions with this whole process and most importantly we want our baby girl nice and healthy without incident. I know that no matter what happens, it is in God's hands and Brandon and I put all our faith in the fact that with whatever happens, he is guiding us, but this is quite a daunting time for us. I mean, we don't know what to do, but what new parent does? All we can do is have faith in God and have faith in the fact that he is with us and our doctors while these decisions are being made for Lily and I. This is all we can rely on and that is what we will do.
0 comments:
Post a Comment