Wednesday, November 18, 2009

No baby news :/

Well, yesterday was our 39 week appointment and there is no movement forward on the baby front. Lily is still nice and cozy. Snug inside... She has dropped, but is not "engaged" and that's about it. On the 23rd, her due date, we have another appointment and a scan, but Dr. Plavidal promises that is the last time he will see me in his office till after she is born. The scan will show her size, and based on how big she is and if I am dilated or not, we will then choose our next step whether it is a c-section or an induction...Problem is, if we induce or do the c-section, it probably won't be able to be scheduled until AFTER Thanksgiving so that would put us at the week of the 30th....

Honestly, everything depends on whether or not I have progressed at all on the 23rd. Hopefully, I will go into labor before then, but he doesn't think that will happen. He said,

"I have eaten my words more times than I've eaten dinner at home, but I do not see you going into labor this week."


cue heart dropping to the floor

Brandon and I are so ready for our baby girl to be here, it isn't even funny. She still has till the 23rd though. I just keep telling myself that. She's fine where she is, and I'm just being impatient. It just feels like these last weeks have drug on and on and on...Especially since we were told more than once that because she was measuring so big on the scan, he would expect her "sooner rather than later". That just goes to show how reliable technology is...and most likely how stubborn my child will be. Hmmm, imagine that.


I'm still getting that crazy numb feeling in both of my hands and arms. It is like my shoulder, elbow, wrist, and all the joints in my fingers hurt, but my hands fall asleep and don't wake up. It is horrible! I've looked it up online and it is sounding like pregnancy related carpal tunnel...They say it goes away once the baby is born and the swelling goes down, so that's promising, but who knows how much longer that will take! I've had issues with my left wrist before, multiple times, but when I was tested before they said it wasn't carpal tunnel, it was a pinched nerve in my neck. Who the hell knows. I've decided that I am going to try my hardest to keep salt at a super minimum for the next few weeks(hopefully days)to minimize the swelling as much as possible. Ali has my wrist brace in Mandeville, so I might go get another one tomorrow to see if stabilizing it helps.

I'll update again when things get moving or when we know more!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase