Friday, November 13, 2009

10 days and counting...every second

Well, there is nothing like hoping for a huge gush of water down your leg every time you stand up...


We had our 38 week dr. appointment on Monday the 9th and so far there has been no progression which is super discouraging. He did say that she indeed dropped a little bit, but that's about all. After we walked out of the office I started bawling. I'm just mentally done with being pregnant. Things have gotten better the past few days though. Tuesday, Candice and Drew came in to stay with us until Lily gets here. We have had fun. We've done lots of shopping and LOTS of walking but I am grateful for it. I've needed to get out of this house and it's really nice to have company over...it helps take my mind off of things.

Lately, my feet and hands are super swollen. To me...I notice and and boy do I feel swollen. It's been especially bad all this week. I had two really bad nights and only slept a few hours combined on both nights because my hands kept falling asleep. I would turn over, sit up, but it didn't ever go away till I STOOD up and walked around and then it still took forever for me to get the feeling back in my hands. So weird. My hands were also super painful. Everytime I make a fist, they hurt. I know it is going back to fluid retention and swelling in the joints which is most likely cutting off the circulation, but boy when you can't get that feeling to go away, it sucks. I am thinking the two nights that were really bad were because of a red sauce that was in the Carrabbarras(<-sp?) I ate two nights in a row. I didn't realize red sauce would have a lot of salt in it, but that must have been it because those nights were horrible. Last night I slept ok, but we'll see how tonight goes.

Anywho, well today we went to the Nutcracker Market at the Reliant Center here in Houston. It was AMAZING! It is like the biggest and baddest craft fair in Texas. Seriously! The Houston Ballet puts it on as their annual fundraiser every year and the thing is huge. Bran, Candice, Drew and I were there for about 5 hours today and we were all EXHAUSTED! I don't even think we saw all the booths! The only thing that sucks...which honestly is a blessing and curse for everyone there...is that their are no strollers allowed. None. They don't even rent them. I must have misread something that said that they did, but either way, I didn't remember that we couldn't have the stroller till we were half way there and we left Candice's snuggly at home!!! I felt so bad and I knew we were all in for it! Drew is the cutest, chunkiest, happiest little flirt that you've ever met, but carrying ANY 6 mth old for 5 hours along with bags and bags of stuff is EXHAUSTING! I wish we could go back, but I don't think ANY of us will have the energy for it again till next year!!!! But we are DEFINITELY going next year!

Anywho, well I am so sad to say no baby news as of yet. I was hoping to have her by now, but at the dr appt, when he was looking for her heart, she was being a diva and just stuck her butt up at him and told us all to kiss it...she isn't going anywhere anytime soon! At least we have the 23rd though when he said he was looking to induce. We still don't know if we are going to do the section or not. I am guessing we will have a better idea when we go on Tuesday, Nov 17th. I'll update soon! Hopefully with some exciting baby news!!!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase