Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby Girl

Hello again!

While we were in Louisiana, we decided to do a "Peek-a-boo" at PreNatal Pics in Mandeville. The baby is too small right now to get great 4-D shots, but we really just did it to make sure 100% of the sex. They do that by just using regular 2-D ultrasound. In the video, they show a little bit of the 4-D, but you will see how it is just too early to get facial features and such. Anywho, while we were there, they confirmed that it is indeed a girl!!! No question about it! As you can recall during my last ultrasound the doc said that he was 80% sure it was a girl, but this confirmed it 100% for us! Here are some pics and a video from that day! :)


Waiting for our PreNatal Pics tech...


Ali and I in the room




Our first family picture!



While we were in Mandeville, after talking to my mom, I determined that this child is moving and I have been feeling her for a few days. I really didn't know what I was looking for, but after my mom explaining to me the "fluttering" feeling, I knew for sure that I have been feeling her. A few days after we got home, well yesterday night, Brandon and I were up late because he was working and I was playing with my new computer he bought me. He had to leave at like 1030 to run to Wal-Mart and get a portable cd rewriter for his computer and while he was there, he picked me up a snicker's bar. I ate my candy and then I decided it was time to go to bed. I am laying in bed with Gidget sprawled out next to me (as usual) when I felt a hard kick in my belly. I put my hand on it and felt her kick again! Then, I looked down, lifted my shirt and I SAW her kick again! I was so excited. Finally, Brandon will be able to feel it! I called him into the room, he put his hand on my belly and felt her kick 2 or 3 more times! Girlfriend must have been loving that Snicker's bar! We were really excited and I was sooo glad that Brandon was able to feel her. He has had his hand on my belly religiously the past few days trying to feel for her and his eyes got huge when she finally kicked him! I mean, it really just seals the deal that she's real! I can see 6 million ultrasound pictures, hear the heartbeat everyday, but when she kicked me, it finally felt real. That was really cool, and for the record....she hasn't stopped kicking since. I guess she said,
"Hey, mama's heart beat speeds up when I do this, it's funny, so I'm gonna keep doing it!"
Little does she know that is just my heart falling in love with her. :)

Well, today, I had another doctor's appointment. She was showing off her new-found skill to the doctor making it hard for him to get her heartbeat. He got it though and he said everything looks great. I was most impressed when he commented on my weight. I did have to toot my own horn for that one!!!! I have only gained 5 lbs and he said that he couldn't possibly be more pleased with that. I was kinda worried about it, but he was kosher with that, so that's pretty cool. He actually read my starting weight when I first started seeing him back last summer and said that it was odd because I am 5 mths pregnant and he hasn't seen me back to that weight yet. THAT'S AWESOME and I am really pumped about that! :)

Here is the video of our July 2nd ultrasound!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase