Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lucas Update

Hello all!  Sorry for the lapse in updates.  We have been keeping ourselves quite busy over here.  Yesterday, I went for Lucas' (the new baby) 28 week appointment and everything is going ok.  My weight gain this time around has been "very poor" (to quote the doctor) as I have only gained 6 lbs so far.  I can't remember how much I gained with Lily by this time, but I know it was more than 6 lbs. My fundal height is at 31.5 weeks though and the heartbeat is strong, so the doctor is not concerned.  He said that although the weight gain is poor, it is obvious that the baby is growing.  Anywho, of course, this is coming from chasing after Lily all day and I am much more active than I was the first go around. 

Lily....

This child is giving me a run for my money these days.  Her 6:30 wake-up time has slowly made it's way to 5 AM (after 30 previous minutes of crying) and that is unacceptable.  I can't do it.  I need  to sleep.  I get in bed after she goes to sleep, watch some tv, but it is very hard for me to go to bed before 10...most nights it is more like 11 that I end up falling asleep.  I just don't know what to do.  She usually gets in bed at 7, but doesn't fall asleep till 8...last night, it was 8:30. I am just so clueless on what to do. 

Anywho, lots of things have been happening as of recent.  Brandon started his new job at Chevron, we got a new couch, poured a backyard patio and are trying to get things organized around here before Lucas gets here.  Lily is growing like a weed and talking more and more everyday.  She is such a sweet and funny girl.  I think she will do fine once Lucas gets here, but it will definitely be a learning experience for all.  She is becoming more interested in babies.  She has finally started showing her baby doll love and affection and is very interested whenever there is a new baby around.  She fussed like crazy the other day because there was a mom at Kids In Action that was feeding her new baby a bottle.  I got to talking to the mom and just put Lily down so she could go play.  Well, she threw herself a nice little hissy fit because she wanted to watch the little baby eat.  

Anywho, we go for another ultrasound in 1 month...oh wait, we go to Prenatal Pics next week for our baby shower!  I'll post some pictures when we get home.  Hope everyone is well! 

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase