Lily is sleeping under the Christmas tree right now and I am finally getting around to putting up an update from my last doctor appointment on December 2nd. The baby looked great and was right on track. We did another ultrasound because last time, our dates and the size of the baby wasn't adding up. I wasn't originally scheduled for one, but since the meds I am on can cause a heart defect so we wanted to make sure the baby was growing right on target and sure enough, it was. The baby was measuring perfectly at a June 1st/2nd due date and the baby was moving all around being so sweet. The heart rate was 156 bpm (Lily was ALWAYS 160+). That is one of the things that makes me think this one is going to be a boy. The second inclination is that I have been craving red meat. With Lily, I wanted any and all meat far FAR away from me. This one has me craving a hamburger a day. My third inclination that this one is going to be a boy is that I keep referring to it as a "he". With Lily, I always said, "she". Who knows. We shall see soon enough.
Another really great thing is that we saw during the ultrasound is that the baby was taking "breaths". It is kinda early to see that, but either way the doctor says that is a sign of good brain development. Here are some pics from the scan...
Profile shot
Face shot
A little bitty foot. So sweet!
Another profile shot
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a blessed new year. We leave on Friday or Saturday to go back to LA, but we will only be there till the 26th or 27th. We are coming home early this year because I have another doctor appointment on the 30th and it will give us a week to get things done around the house before Brandon goes back to work.
BTW, I know I may get fussed at for saying too early, but Brandon has gotten a job offer at Chevron! We will know more after the first of the year, but we are very excited and very VERY proud of him. He works so hard and does some pretty cool stuff. :) Great job, love!
0 comments:
Post a Comment