So, everyday I think of a few little things that I don't want to forget...I really want to post them here. I don't want to forget them!
I love the smell of heated up formula. Sounds gross I know, but for some reason I love the smell of it.
I get excited over a poopy diaper.
After watching my poor little one get so upset over not being able to poop for a few days, I get very excited for her when she poops. It only happens every other day and gets excited as well. It's so cute.
When she wakes up in the morning, it is the easiest and BEST part of my day. Not the worst by far!
I walk into her room in the morning and all I have to do is say a quiet "hello". I am always greeted with the biggest and brightest smile. To know someone is truly so happy to see you is amazing. To start someone else's day with them having an honest smile is just wonderful.
It is easy to be happy around her. So easy and so enjoyable. I can simply say motherhood is the best thing ever!
When I have Brandon and Lily around, I am complete.
Running around, doing laundry, dishes, changing diapers, making dinner...by no means is fun, but it makes me complete. I will fuss all the time about being so busy I can't keep my head on straight, but honestly, I can't imagine being in a better place.
Lily is just like Brandon. All the way down to the dry skin! Her smile lights up a room just like his and she is SO SO SO easy going. How a person like me ended up with such an amazing husband is one thing, but an amazing husband AND an amazing daughter...Wow. I did something right. It's hard to think of where that "something" is but it is there somewhere. :)
Watching Lily grow is heartbreaking! I need to toughen up. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen till they are teenagers! I had to buy Lily 12-18 month clothes the other day and I cried in Gymboree. Where did our baby time go??!! I buy those clothes and I think, oh she's so old, but she's still just my baby. She is still jsut 4 MONTHS OLD!
Those moments in the middle of the night. As much as I may gripe about them. They are honestly really rewarding. When you put the sleep deprivation aside. Those moments are the best and I enjoy them. I hate doing my floors much MUCH more!
I can see how the Duggars have 19 kids. Having children is truly a blessing and having a baby around makes you really realize how important and amazing life is. If money wasn't an option, I would have 19 kids, but then again...I only have one right now. Ask me again when we have 2 or 3. :)
I am so fortunate for my life. At one point, this life was only a dream. Never did it EVER seem like it could be reality. I don't know how I got here and how I got so lucky, but my little family is amazing.
Brandon and Lily, you really truly make my life complete and I love you both so much. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment