Well, I have a few minutes and a hubby who is busy entertaining the little one so I figured I would put up Lily's 5 month update a little early.
So on May 1st, our little Lily will be turning 5 months old. This past month has been full of milestones!
As of April 16th, she is 19 lbs 11 oz and 27" long.
She is wearing at least 12 month clothes and a few 18 month clothes.
Lil is rolling from her belly to back non stop and is doing about a 3/4 roll from her back to her belly. She just can't get all the way over, but she is getting there!
She is also sitting up on her own! She started doing that early in April and is pretty good at it. Of course, she falls occasionally and we try to keep a pillow behind her head.
This past week, on April 20th, she started veggies (carrots) and yesterday she started oatmeal in the mornings.
Right now, she is working on her pushing herself up on her hands when she is on her belly. She is pulling those legs up underneath her when she is on her belly and scooting, but not crawling. She's doing the little windmill action in her bed. I put her in her bed one direction and when I get her in the morning, she is all turned around.
This past month she has definitely started teething. We can't keep the hands out of her mouth and she is sooooo drooly! She is also grabbing for everything. You put anything in front of her and she wants to hold it and explore it...with her mouth.
Lily has also started laughing daily! We love it! She has started talking and squealing pretty consistently.
She also has a very favorite character. She loves Mickey Mouse. In the mornings when I am making her breakfast, I put her on the floor and turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She sees Mickey and gets a HUGE grin on her face. I started putting her Mickey toys around her and she gathers them all up on her lap. It's so cute..
Here is a pic
She also loves the cats and gets super excited when they come around!
ECI is still coming to see Lily once a month. I am so so so so grateful to have Jennifer. She is really like a teacher for me! She shows Brandon and I lots of things to do with Lily to help her move along. Since she sees Lily once a month, Lily has gotten to know her and LOVES her! She is one of the only people Lily isn't doing the whole "stranger danger" nonsense with....
Speaking of which, we are starting Lily in a Kindermusik class. Her first class is on May 4th and then we will start the summer session in mid June. Since she doesn't see anyone but Brandon and I, she has started crying everytime she sees someone and doesn't see us. Like when she is in the store in a stroller. This has just started happening, but I know putting her in a consistent class with other kids and adults will help. I am also looking into a few playgroup type things in our subdivision.
0 comments:
Post a Comment