Hello everyone,
Just wanted to update a little with what's going on around here. We are almost 31 weeks along. I think...Tomorrow, I have another doctor's appointment. Thank heavens the glucose test came back negative, so that is great, but again my iron came back really low. Before, I was taking my iron with my prenatals, but come to find out your body can only absorb so much iron at once and the prenatals are full of iron....soooooo, the supplement I was taking really wasn't making much of a difference. Now, I have started taking them in the morning with my usual meds.
Usual meds.... they have been such a pain in the butt lately. Since we have started the decrease in the meds, I will see my psych every 2 weeks probably through the first 2 months of Lily's birth. We are slowly going down 50 mgs on the antidepressant every two weeks, so come October, I should be off of them completely. Thank goodness I am on such a low dose!
Now, as far as the anti-convulsant goes, both doctors are at odds on what to do. sigh... One wants me to stop both, the other says it is very important to stay on the anti-convulsant because of the time it would take to get back to my normal dosage and it will help me keep my wits about me, but she says it should not affect Lily. My next opinion is going to come from Lily's pediatrician who will check on her at birth and who she will probably see through the first year-ish. (He's all the way downtown, so we will probably have to get someone a little closer eventually) I have a meeting with him in two weeks to get his opinion and to discuss a few other things with him. My ob/gyn recommended him to me. He says he is one of the best pediatricians and his kids went to him, so that's enough for me. He also makes daily visits to Texas Women's Hospital and Texas Children's Hospital so that's cool.
Anways, well Brandon was supposed to have a root canal last week, but the doctor got sick, so we had to reschedule. Then Brandon realized it was the day before he has tons of meetings in Austin, so they had to reschedule it AGAIN. NOW, he is supposed to have it done on Thursday. So, Thursday and Friday I'm sure I'll have a big baby on my hands. ;)
I turn 28 in 2 1/2 weeks. So weird. I guess after you hit 21, you want birthdays to slow down. It takes sooo long to get to 21 and now I'm 28. 28 and I'll be having my first baby this year. Wow, what a year it has been... Well, Brandon is amazing and I couldn't be happier. Life has been so good to me lately. I am so very very blessed and I thank God everyday for this life. I'll take 28. I'll take any age as long as the years to come will be just as amazing as this one has been. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment