Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A much needed update

Hello everyone!  Sorry it has been so long since I have updated.  The kids barely give me a free second to use the bathroom these days!  Since I last updated, Lily has turned 2 (dec 1st) and Lucas is now 6 1/2 months old!


We had Lily's 2nd Birthday this year at a great place called Kids In Action.  She had an absolute blast!  Right now, she is doing GREAT with potty training.  I am not pushing it too hard yet because there is a lot going on and I really want to be able to follow through with it when we start but she goes close to 4x a day when we are at home. 
Baby man at 6 mths :)

Time sure is flying by!  Lucas is doing everything he is supposed to be doing and is working very hard to crawl forward.  He is awesome at crawling backwards right now and pulling himself to stand!  He has cut 2 teeth and working on his 3rd right now.  He is a sweet baby and just so darn happy!
We had his 6 mth cardiologist appointment on the 16th and it went ok.  I was really hoping we would go to the appointment, they would do the echo and tell me that the hole has closed, but....that was very wishful thinking. 

Lucas' murmur is still there and the hole has not changed any in size, but one side of his heart has enlarged.  This tells us that there is indeed a lot of blood flowing through the hole (still measuring approx 8mm).  We go back in 6 months and if all is well, we may go a year before meeting with the surgeon.  He will have the surgery around his 2nd birthday.  :(  The doctor thinks Lucas is growing very well and should do well with having the surgery around that time.

Other than that, life is great right now.  I am enjoying staying home with my sweet babies and everyday I thank the Lord for our health and happiness.  We have a lot to be thankful for as we celebrate sweet Lucas' first Christmas!

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah an update.
So glad to hear everything is going good.

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase