Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Exciting day!

Well, the cat's out of the bag.  Our families finally know so I can now make it public.  We are expecting another little bundle of joy in June!  We went for our first sonogram on November 4th and everything looked great.  The heartbeat was a super strong 180 bpm and it was moving all over the place.  Well, it wasn't moving all over the place till it's sister started screaming to high heaven.  Then, it was everywhere...  I don't know if it was because it heard her or because my blood pressure must have sky rocketed when she started acting like a hot mess.  Either way, it was cute. 
Here is a picture of the scan.

I was kinda worried because based on my LMP, my due date would be June 1st and I would have been 10w 1d.  The baby was only showing to be between 9w 3days and 9 w 5days.  With Lily, she always measured a week over, but the doctor said that as long as the heartbeat was strong, he wasn't worried about it.  I guess this is just the beginning of the process of not comparing pregnancies/children.   Instead of a June 1st due date, we are now June 5th. 
I may have not been complaining about it to the public, but the morning sickness has been just as bad with this one.  The only difference is that I throw up almost every night and not in the morning.   Odd, but I now take my prenatals at night so I'm not a mess all day.  A 2nd pregnancy with a 11 month old is no joke.  It's freaking hard.  I completely forgot the EXHAUSTION level.  Boy...not fun, but thankfully the first trimester is almost over and THANKFULLY, my sweet Lily is now putting herself to sleep at night so I can finally relax in the evenings.
We waited 3 months to tell our families this time.  Brandon wanted to wait till CHRISTMAS so we could tell everyone face to face, but I told him that wasn't going to happen.   We called my mom the night before we left for Maryland and she made the big announcement to the whole family on Thanksgiving Day.  Then, when we arrived at the airport in Baltimore, Lily was wearing a shirt that said, "A little birdie told me a secret..." (on the front) and on the back it said, "I'm going to be a big sister!".  We just figured we would wait to see how long it took Grammy to figure out to look on the back of the shirt!!!  It took till we had just about collected all our bags at baggage claim.  I think it would have taken longer if Candice hadn't figured it out first! 

Anywho, we are very excited about our upcoming arrival.  This will make an age difference of  almost exactly 18 months between Lily and the new baby.  It will be tough at first, but when is it ever "easy"?   Take care everyone!  :)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase