Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 months old! :)

 10 months old!
 


I can't believe we are here already!  Last month, I showed a video where Lily was taking steps, but this month she was walking all over the place!  She seriously went from taking a few steps to walking across the living room in a matter of days.  She was a big hit at Kindermusik walking all over the place.  Everyone was just as proud of her as I was!

As of September 17th, Lily was 24.14 lbs and 30.5" long...She is my big girl!

Here are some fun things Lily is doing this month.

The beginning of this month, she was talking up a storm until she started taking more steps and then of course, she started concentrating more on that.

She is being a helper with simple things.  I will ask her to give me things, or pick something up for me and she does it!

She is wanting to help out in the kitchen.  When I am in the kitchen, she wants in and just stands by the dishwasher and watches me do my thing.
(We keep her out of the kitchen with gates because the cat food is in there and in the laundry room is the litter box....I would DIE if she ever got into the litter box!)  
She is really trying to learn how to fall back asleep on her own when she wakes in the middle of the night.  She is going through a little bit of a phase where she seems scared when she wakes up...odd.
Foods...she is eating anything you give her!  First fast food experience was 9/24 at Chick-Fil-A.  
NO MORE BOTTLES!  We finished our last box of bottle liners and they are gone! We have finally found another sippy that she likes besides the Pamper's sippy cups.  I think they are "The Learning Curve" They have Tinkerbell on the front and a firmer spout than that of the Pampers cups.  We have tried so many types.  We have quite a collection going on! 
Lily had her first babysitter on  9/27/10 while I brought the cats to get their vaccines and check-ups...It gets a little out of control and there was no way she could be there.  She also stayed with my mom, her Nana, when Brandon took me to see Chelsea Handler for my birthday!  It was the first time someone else had put her down for the night and she did great!  :)

Here are some things she enjoys this month...

Sesame Street (particularly Elmo), Barney, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Loves going to the park and playing on Buzz Buzz.
The bathroom???  Don't know why, but she is obsessed with getting in there.
Kindermusik. Best investment I have ever made!! We started back Sept 23rd with a new chapter and she was so excited and squeeling in her little squeel while going around and playing.  I love seeing that!

As for Brandon and I...we have had a lot going on around here.  We went to LA for the weekend of labor day for Mr. Mike's birthday.  It was really nice because he was able to have all his grandkids there.  Also, he and Brandon were able to go fishing on his bass boat for hours on end and I know they both enjoyed the quality time spent together.  Meanwhile, we enjoyed going out on Mrs. Jerry's boat with the kiddos and a few glasses of wine...bliss.
When we got back, my friend Katherine came and stayed with us for the weekend and we were able to go to one of our mutual high school friend's baby shower.  It was so great to see Katherine and it was wonderful to connect with our other friends almost 12 years later!  The next weekend, we took on the huge undertaking of painting the interior of our house on the weekends.  Will take a few weekends, but it's the only time we have to do it. It's looking great! 
Brandon is working like crazy.  He got on a year long contract with Chevron through his work and he has been super busy.  On the plus side, he has his own office up at the Chevron office with a door and everything!
With Lily and I our playgroup has been keeping us busy during random days during the week.  We don't go to everything...we usually just go to the same places because there is a lot for her age to do, but Lily loves getting out of the house and I enjoy talking to other moms with kids Lil's age.
We finally booked our trip to visit Candice, Dave, Abby and Drew in Maryland for Thanksgiving.  We are so excited to go and then we get to bring Candice, Abby and Drew home with us for Lily's FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!  There are many more EXCITING things coming up soon.  Too much to talk about right now! 

Anywho, my little girl is getting so big and learning so much.  The amount of pride we get when she does just any little thing is overwhelming.  I never want her to forget how proud we are of her everyday.  Watching her grow is so rewarding, it is unbelievable.   The fact that Brandon and I share it together makes my life complete...she makes OUR lives complete.

Here is the link to the rest of Lily's 10 month pictures on our Picasa site!
Lily 10 month


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase