Sunday, February 21, 2010

All around town...

Hello all!I hope everyone is doing well.  We are doing great over here.  Lily is getting big and learning to do a lot of fun stuff.  ECI came the other day and when they got her weight and measurements they said she weighs 14 lbs 13 oz and is 25 inches long!  She is getting to be a big girl.  She is starting to grow out of her 3-6 month pjs already.  It's crazy cause she grew a whole inch since her last doctor's appointment at the beginning of the month.  I just can 't get over that she is going to be 3 months old in a week!  I am seriously dreading that day!

Brandon and I decided the other night to have Lily start sleeping in her nursery.  She has been in her bassinet in our bedroom for a little while but it's just not do-able any more.  The other night, I was up all night because I was worried about her getting too close to the sides of her bassinet.  Don't get me wrong, the small bassinet definitely did it's purpose.  She loves it.  I mean, she sleeps much better in there than her bed or even our bed, but she is just too big for it now.  We learned over Christmas and when we went to California (btw Go Saints!) that she doesn't sleep nearly as well in the pack and plays.  I think it is just because she is used to the small confines of the bassinet.  Not necessarily a good thing when you are trying to get them to sleep in a big bed, but hindsight is 20/20...  Know it now, moving on...
Anywho, she has done great!  Still sleeping through the night.  A little wiggle wormy at times, but when she wakes up she puts herself right back asleep. How do I know that?  Wellllllll, instead of buying one of those expensive video monitors, we hooked up Brandon's computer camera to her bed and we have been sleeping with my computer next to us with Skype going on both computers.  Blah blah blah...I know, ridiculous and all, but we need this right now to move forward.  I am positive this is temporary so I'm not too concerned with the set-up for now. Although, the set-up is quite genius.  It is sooo nice hearing her on the monitor, looking over and watching her on the computer.  It really tells you a lot about how they soothe themselves to sleep.  For instance, she shakes her head a whole bunch, then puts her hand in her mouth and is out.  Pretty cool and clever if you ask me.  Anywho, here are some pictures...





Eventually, we will get a video monitor...lol


Lily and I have been trying to go on a walk everyday just to get out of the house. She is like a little sponge and I love watching her look at the birds, squirrels, kids and cars. Brandon has had the stroller for the last week, so I have been putting her in her Baby Bjorn and walking her around. We went to the park the other day in our subdivision and I swang on the swings with her in carrier. We had fun, but missed Brandon's presence. Yesterday, was the first time we got to bring Lily to see the ducks in Summerwood.  They have an AWESOME pond area with an island and a small mansion in the middle of the pond that the ducks live in! I think she really liked it.  I am noticing she is kinda intrigued by animals.  Probably just the age, but she stares at them and laughs a lot when they are around.



Here is the house


Pretty cool, huh??


We went to the aquarium for Valentine's Day and she LOVED the fish!

When we got home from feeding the ducks, Brandon hung up Lily's swing that we got for a baby shower gift and she LOVED that too!
At first she was uneasy with it, but after awhile, she was smiling and laughing!

 
My favorite picture by far!!!!


Anyways, I will keep everyone updated with how she is doing, but right now I must go. Little miss wants my attention and she wants it NOW!!!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase