Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lillian Emma Casey is here!

Finally...
After 41 weeks, on December 1, 2009, Lily finally made her grand entrance into the world. :) We decided to go through with the c-section and Lily was born at 12:43 pm weighing 9.3 lbs and 21 1/4" long. I was sooo nervous! I got into the operating room and started bawling because I was so nervous. The epidural was surprisingly not bad...I was expecting worse. The anxiety was the worst part. It got better when I was laid down and Brandon came in, my nerves subsided so much. The anesthesia guy was concerned about the death grip I had on Brandon's hand though. Apparently, it was making the machine flat line.

As I laid there, my doctor was giving us a play by play...
"This is going to be a 9 pounder."

"Whoa, where did she get the red hair from??!!"

The moment I saw her was surreal. They laid her on my chest and I said, "hi, Lily.". When I talked to her, she opened her eyes for the first time like she already knew me. I guess she did, but it was still the most amazing feeling. I brushed my hand across her cheek and was just amazed.

She was perfect. She is perfect. She is the epitome of love and Brandon and I couldn't be more smitten with her.


Now begins a new journey in our lives. We are so grateful to have such a beautiful baby girl.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Practically Paradise. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase