I am sorry I didn't update yesterday. The day completely got away from me. I guess that's what happens when I actually do something...*sigh*
Anywho, the doctor's appointment yesterday went great! My weight went up by 3 lbs! Much thanks to mom and the powdered donuts at the beach for that one! They were delicious! So, that's 4 lbs so far. Gaining weight is never fun, but I am actually kinda excited about it this time. I mean, I'm 4mths along, I am ready to look like a baby is living in my organs.
The doctor said the rash on my face and neck is from the sunblock that I used whilst in Florida and I should really stay out of the sun. HE said that he saw that I have some "pregnancy mask" starting on my face already. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is dark splotches that appear on the skin of pregnant women after sun exposure. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. BRANDON said when the doc was saying that, he looked at my face where the doctor was pointing to and BRANDON said that it was just looked like the tan line from my huge sunglasses. The doc didn't know about my huge sunglasses and he could see how he would think that.
The ultrasound was interesting. I think the baby was sleeping during this one because it really wasn't moving all crazy like last time. That's a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is the doctor got a great look at the heart, spinal cord, brain, and all the other important organs. He said everything looked great in that category. From what he could see, their was no sign of a clef lip or palate, so that is a wonderful sign. For those of you who know why I am concerned about that, you know the deep sigh of relief I let out after he told us that. The baby had a heartbeat of 153. Still really high, and that brings me to the big question...

As far as the bad news goes, it's not too bad. Just the baby was sluggish and being a little coy, but after awhile, the doctor got these pictures. Not the best pictures, but apparently, there are two little lines in this picture that resemble "lady bits". He said he is about 80% sure it will be a little girl! BUT don't put your money on it because the picture was not very good.
I talked to Candice and she had the same problems when she had both Drew and Abby, so after her ultrasound where they told her the sex, she went to the 4-D place where they do a "peek-a-boo" so she would know for sure what she was having. The peek-a-boo will just pretty much show you the baby and give you an 4-D ultrasound that should show you the sex more clearly. When I go into Louisiana the last week of June, we are going to have one of these done, so we will know for sure and everyone will get to see the baby.
Well, that's the big news!
Brandon leaves Sunday for Seattle again, but I will meet him in Bakersfield, CA on Tuesday for the remainder of the week.
I'll update soon!
Till then, here are some more ultrasound pictures!



Later Gators!
0 comments:
Post a Comment